I am also tackling Project Life again this year, even though I haven't quite finished for 2013. Even so, I love my album from last year. Even my sister liked the concept (trust me, that's saying something!)
I learned a few things that I will incorporate this year:
- Record keeping is key! I didn't keep enough details and so I struggled sometimes to write more than the who/what/where/when's. This year I am keeping a little diary and I will jot info down, if I use it good, if I don't, it will still be fun to look back on in years to come.
- Snap the little stuff. I didn't take photos of our everyday stuff, and well, that's important too.
- Weekly date cards. I found this to be a waste of space and this year because I have decided to record in months with a little weekly wrap up, I should have more room for photos and fun stuff!
- Time. It's so easy to fall behind because well, life does not stop for anything, so, I'm aiming to set aside a day and time each week to complete my previous weeks spread (probably Tuesday night after the kids are in bed, there's no good shows on Tuesday, are there?)
- Journaling. This year I am going to journal more straight on to the photo. If there's sufficient space of course, no one will lose a head for the sake of journaling.
I completed my title page after I took our family photo:
Let's hope I can keep up this year. :)