Monday, July 6, 2009

05.07.09

Now, I have no idea who reads my blog, but if you have been checking in for a while, you may remember that some time ago, like in April 2008, I picked up some material to make Amy a quilt. It took me about 2 months to make the top and sew it to the back material.

dscf7344-copy

It has sat in my sewing bag for the past 13 months. Untouched.

Until last night. I was inspired by my next door neighbour and her Christmas panel she has almost finished.

So I sewed on the binding and then re-sewed it to 1/2" and not 1/4". Then I started handstitching the binding and I finished it this morning while Kate and I snuggled under it.

Now I have a sore thumb and I don't want to see binding for a very long time.

Quilt

And here is Luke playing 'Checkers' on it, which was more like Snakes and Ladders.

Luke

I am one happy chicken now it is completed and I can finally move on to the next thing. I have a welome stitchery that I am close to finishing so I might get stuck into that next.

5 comments:

  1. I have that caterpillar material!! I got it to make little pouches to hold camphor blocks for Sarah. The quilt it gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a beautiful job and I love the pretty, bright fabrics that you have used in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its gorgeous!!Love the colours :D I've got a queen size quilt almost finished just have to buy the wadding, I like doing the binding!You've inspired me to get out my quilt and keep going :D

    Krissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful Beth, well done on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete